Monday, August 3, 2009

Mnt. McCaleb

I should have Neil or Nic blog this for me, but I'll do my best. . . Nic had some amazing pictures, but I can't seem to save them to my computer, so they will have to be updated later.

The morning of the hike, they took off bright and early.
It was fun for us back at the river because we could watch them most of the time on the telescope. We had walkie-talkies that we could talk with them every once and a while. When they were at the very top of the ridge I could actually zoom in on them with the video camera and you could see two little contrasting lines with the sky.
They made it!!!
At the top they put their name and the date, they weren't able to find Grandpa Ottos name card and the clan that he hiked up with so Neil and Nic redid one. So their names are officially up at the top of the mountain.
I guess a big part of the hike it up this sharp hard slate type rock. I was surprised to see how hammered their boots were when they got back.

No comments:

Post a Comment